It was sometime during second or third grade, I believe, that I first realized I wasn’t seeing the same things my classmates were seeing. I’d somehow discovered that if I pulled on the corners of my eyes, I could see better. The teachers noticed, said something to my parents, and shortly after that, I had my first pair of glasses.
The Girl, it turns out, has the opposite problem: she’s far-sighted.
The optometrist tells us it’s something she could outgrow in a few years.
There are some things, however, she’s likely to retrain for several years to come.
- 2004: Middle Ages
- 2007: The Cough
- 2008: Bilingual Breakthrough
- 2011: Job Outlook
- 2012: Polska Choinka
- Marta Bielec on Seventh Birthday Party
- Heather Kirby Rhea on Seventh Birthday Party
- Naomi Williams Scott on Christmas Tree Farm
- Jennifer Fahy on Queen Mab
- Michael Goforth on How to Plagiarize