Summer always had a dream-like feel to it when I was a young kid. Even though it seemed never to arrive, it had an aura of endlessness once it finally did. Two and a half months seem a lot longer when you’re five.
And waiting for summer vacation when the weather is already warm and everything around you is beginning to scream, “It’s summer!” (even though it’s technically spring) makes for itchy feet.
So we decided to get a jump on summer today, though, with some tag in the front yard. We ran around the yard, fell on each other, and rolled around in the grass, winded and sure that the moment would last for ever.
At least I was sure. The Girl, not so much. She was up again, ready to go.
“Come on, Tata! I’m it!”
1 Comment to “Afternoon Play”
- 2004: Polishing my Polish
- 2007: Georgia Aquarium
- 2009: Warsaw Winter
- 2010: Fourth
- 2011: Christmas Decorating
- 2012: Enough!
- Marta Bielec on Seventh Birthday Party
- Heather Kirby Rhea on Seventh Birthday Party
- Naomi Williams Scott on Christmas Tree Farm
- Jennifer Fahy on Queen Mab
- Michael Goforth on How to Plagiarize